Nurse’s Week 2017 is almost here and for some, it’s a really big deal. For us here at TRS Healthcare, we think of it as our Superbowl…it’s our opportunity to really express and show our travel nurses how much we value what they do for their patients.
As part of that expression, we have been sharing any tips we’ve been getting on our social media platforms. This article will source some additional information we’ve come across and let you know where we’ve found it. I’d like to think that people have better things to do rather than troll nurses online with fake deals and giveaways but you never know; please do your due diligence before going down to your local grocery story and demanding a free banana at the top of your lungs because you are a nurse and this is your “special time”. I’m officially washing my hands of any responsibility for your inevitable produce-related incarceration!
From the website www.gobankingrates.com:
- 1-800-FLOWERS: Use coupon code RMNSV15 to take 15 percent off gifts and flowers through the end of June.
- Fannie May: Use coupon code 39984 to take 15 percent off fine chocolates through July 1.
- Lindt: May 5, the last day before Nurses Week, is the final day to save 30 percent on all teacher, nurse or administrator appreciation boxed gifts. No coupon code is needed.
- Personal Creations: Looking for a personalized memento? Save some money by taking 15 percent off your entire purchase online.
- AVIS: Score 10 percent off domestic car rentals and 20 percent off international rentals if you are a CNA member.
- Cinnabon: Through a partnership with the DAISY Foundation, nurses get a free Cinnabon cinnamon roll at participating locations throughout Nurses Week.
- Hertz: CNA members qualify for special discounts with code 94388.
- Hobie Sunglasses: NUSA members get 20 percent off Hobie sunglasses every day.
- Movie Theaters: Save up to $3 per movie ticket at theaters such as AMC, Edwards Cinemas, Cinemark and more.
- Nationwide Auto Insurance: Get special discounts for members of the ANA.
- Nature’s Gift: Get 10 percent off essential oils for all licensed healthcare professionals.
- Office Depot/Office Max: NSNA members get exclusive discounts all year long, including up to 80 percent off preferred items and free next-day shipping on online orders of $50 or more.
- Sleep Number Beds: Sleep well before every shift with 35 percent off for healthcare workers.
- Super Shoes: No coupon code is needed to take 20 percent off select accessories and clothing for nurses.
- Universal Studios Hollywood: NUSA members get $20 off tours.
- Walt Disney World: Nurses can get Swan and Dolphin resort packages for as little as $159 per night.
- Achieve Test Prep: Log on to take a free one-and-a-half hour “Introduction to Nursing” online course.
- Elsevier: Use coupon code 92635 to take 30 percent off nursing and other medical references and textbooks. Free shipping is included.
- Lippincott Williams: Take 20 percent off plus free shipping on any nursing package or nursing textbook with coupon code WZT51HFD.
- NetCE: All nurses and nurse practitioners can take a 23-credit online geriatrics course for $39 through the end of May.
- Nurse.com: Cardiology nursing courses start at just $10.
- Picmonic.com: Use coupon code BZ3OHCPRPQTHLK216 to take 20 percent off your subscription, which can be applied to nursing or medical school through Feb. 9, 2018.
- RN.com: No coupon code is needed to get professional nursing topics starting at just $10.
- Simple Nursing: Use coupon code SN165 to take 30 percent off a Simple Nursing membership.
- Skyscape: Use coupon code YGGU-DRPX-MION to take 20 percent off the Daviss Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests through the end of June.
- Unbound Medicine: Use coupon code 6VF772to take 20 percent off the purchase of nursing and medical apps.
- Dungarees: No coupon code is needed to take $5 off all Carhartt scrubs, plus free shipping on orders over $25.
- Lydia’s Uniforms: Take 20 percent off nurse mates clogs, athletic wear and shoes.
- Medisave: No coupon code is needed to get Harmony Nursing Shoes for $39.99.
- PinMart: Use coupon code PNURSE17 to take 15 percent off nursing and other medical pins through the end of May.
- ReddingMedical.com: Nursing kits start at just $88. No coupon required.
- Salus Medical Uniforms: You can save 80 percent on nurse jackets, scrubs, uniforms and more. No coupon code is needed.
- Scrub Shopper: No coupon code is needed to save 65 percent on nursing shoes.
- Shoebuy: Free exchanges and free shipping on all medical or nurse shoes.
- Silvert’s: No coupon code is needed to take $29 off women’s adaptive dress.
From the website www.gimmefreebies.com:
- NY and Company: We love nurses & teachers! As a thank you for all you do, we’re giving you 30% off everything! Shop Teachers and Nurses Appreciation Week now – May 5th in stores (with valid ID) and online using promo 9818 at checkout.
- WGU:is offering multiple $2000 scholarships and waiving the normal $65 application fee for nurses interested in furthering their education.
And finally, here is what we here at TRS Healthcare are doing to show our appreciation:
- Starting on May 6th and going through May 12th, we will be choosing a TRS Nurse Crush to feature on our Instagram and Facebook pages. We will spotlight one nurse each day and all of our crushes will receive personalized gifts delivered directly to them. To nominate someone, send us a reason why they are a superior healthcare professional and their Social Media information so we can tag them in the post. To enter yourself, please email us a photo of you on assignment and tell us in at least one sentence what inspired you to become a nurse, or why nursing continues to matter to you. Send all entries to email@example.com
- We are sending a limited edition gift pack to our nurses working contracts all over the country.
- We will have additional gifts, giveaways and contests so please check in with us on Facebook and on Instagram.
- Just in time for Nurse’s Week, TRS Healthcare has also raised its referral bonus to $2,000! So if you know a nurse you’d like to refer, click here and get ready to get paid!
We love our nurses and we do our very best to take great care of them, ensuring they have everything they need so they can continue to comfort and restore lives across the nation. If you have any questions about becoming a travel nurse yourself, click here to speak to a Recruiter now or go here to apply.
Thank you, all nurses, everywhere, for what you do, what you give and what you sacrifice for all of us. We appreciate you beyond words. Happy Nurse’s Week!
Read our follow-up blog here.